Thursday, December 16, 2004

Yet Again, Another Santa.

Today Spencer's other pre-school class had Santa also...which means more presents and more sugary-food. First, though we had to get some cupcakes for the party; which involved getting everyone in the car (last night) and then loading everyone in this massive buggy at the store (it has a seat, as you can see) for invalids and kids to sit in and has a baby-seat attachment as well). The thing is long...good thing I have experience driving big trucks from my treeplanting days.


Shopping at Save-On-Foods (guess who gets to push this train...ya, me).

Today was the party. The class is about 20-25% Korean and made up of 11 boys and 4 girls. For some reason it seems most of the classes Spencer has been in have been male-dominated (especially at our old Korean church, it was like 90% boys!). Not good odds for the lads when they go a weddin', but I have to think there are clutches of girls out there we have yet to see.


Spencer and friend Albert...waiting for Santa (and lunch, note cupcakes).


Winston's first tattoo...a snowman.

After playtime Spencer really gets into cleaning up (unlike at home, the little brat!). He tells the other kids what to do and everything. He always uses English, even to the Korean kids, it seems, although he can understand both with no problem. My father-in-law's lament is since I got here Spencer has switched to 100% English. Here I was expecting to learn Korean with/from him and it ends up my father-in-law will do that instead.


Spencer says, "Let me help you! Let me help you!".


Spencer helps more.


Here comes Santa!


The boys and Santa (Santa #5, I think).

As you may have read, this is not the first Santa Spencer's seen over the last few weeks. He's been opening presents for the last 2-3 weeks. Once Christmas is over I'm not sure how he'll cope without presents. Maybe we can get him to make a Valentine a day or get him psyched on Easter instead. This Santa had a Scottish accent, wonder if he picked up on it.


Spencer says, "All the presents have to go under the tree!" and some kids follow him (for some reason).

Winston was here as well...tantilizing the ladies/girls.


Winston has an admirer, Jessica (Indonesian girl)...


...but Winston prefers the Korean girl, Judy (I'm sure that's not her Korean name; think it's Ji-Eun).

Ok, that's it, got to pick up the Caravan and get on the road to Grandma and Grandpa's house is Errington (just outside of Parksville).