Friday, January 07, 2005

More Books

Ug. Ever start reading a book with high hopes and then have it disappoint you so much you have to just close the cover on it forever? Well, that's what happened with Karaoke Nation. Man, this thing stunk. Ostensibly it's about how a dude with no real business background started a dot.com and watched it implode; but he goes off on all these tangents (especially about his wife, school and how business is done, as if he knows) that I found myself skimming it for contect after just 50 of the 250 pages. Good thing I didn't pay for it (got it from the good ol' library).

I usually get 3 books, thankfully, so now I'm on House of Cards: Confessions of an Enron Executive. It's much better, already into about 45 of its 270-odd pages.

Spencer just came in the room. Better log-off for a while.