Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year!

Well, today I spent the day behind the wheel. First went to the in-laws other place to get it ready for renting out but they forgot the key so I had to do a lightning-fast 45 minute trip back to the new place to get the key (that was fun). We moved in the furniture (it'll be a furnished pad) and I set up the TV stand and such. Then lunch (sushi!) and off to the Hyundai dealership for a test drive (sis-in-law is looking, now that she got the new job). The Santa Fe is not that big a deal, I think. Brakes were sucky and engine (even though a V6) was weak, especially on hills. We went across the street to the Honda dealership but couldn't try out a CR-V...will do so next week, though. Hyundai was pretty silly. They had a poster comparing the XG to the Accord and showed how the XG's 3.5 litre engine was larger than the Accord's 3.0 litre one...but then showed that Honda got 240 horsepower out of its powerplant and Hyundai only got about 180. Hmmmm...I prefer Honda. Plus, they are both the same price and I know the Honda will stand up better in resale value. (Actually, we already have an Accord...I wonder what the numbers would have been if we compared the CR-V with the Santa Fe.)

Here's your Korean lesson for the day: 새해 복 많이 받으세요/sae-hae bok ma-nee ba-deu-sae-yo (Happy New Year!). My friends in Korea had their midnight at 7AM my time, so this is a little belated, but it's about 7.5 hours away here, so I figure I'm alright.

Have a great day, more later.