Thursday, January 13, 2005

Finished a few books

Oh ya, I've been up to a bit of reading lately. Finished House of Cards. It was very, very good. At the end Brewer only spent about 3 pages getting philospohical, which was great. So many authors add a lot of crap at the end of their books to get the page count up. I was happy to see she decided to cram in more facts than feelings. A good read...get it.

For some reason I got out High Octane Recruiting--for really no reason at all except that I was just recruited and wanted to see what it was like on the other side. If you're looking for a job or looking to be a recruiter, hiring manager or human recource person this could be a good read. I skimmed it during my 30 minutes on the train last night, so it's not all that heavy.

Also blew threw The Facts of Life. It was pretty good, if you read the boxes of info and not all the bloody text. For me it was a 5-minute reader; for those not into insurance it might take 20 minutes to figure it out. Not all that tough a read; but don't buy it, that's for sure.

Now I have The Vulture Investors and What Every Investor Needs to Know About Accounting Fraud on deck. Both are not skimmers, so may be a bit before I finish them. Vulture Investors looks good so far...and one that my bud Jo in Yeouido should take a read of, for sure (he's into value investing in a big way).

Off to work!