Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Choo-seok Trip Part V: The Long Return.

After four nights on the road I was ready to head back to Seoul (and its smog and traffic) on Tuesday. Besides, many of the guys had already gone home and that left me with Wendy and her friends...almost all of whom in JeonJu right now are women. The estrogen was getting a little thick. (Little joke, there.)

I got on the Airport Bus (ya, it stops at 63 building in Yeouido near my place, rather than the terminal in Kangnam...and it's more likely to have open seats cuz no one thinks to take it to Seoul) and started the (normally) 3-3.5 hour journey home. Of course, being Choo-seok it took me 5.5 hours to make the trip, which actually wasn't bad. Some people took 12-15 hours to get home from Pusan. But that's only if you take a car...buses get their own lane for much of the highway and planes always have open seats. I have no idea why Koreans are stuck in traffic for on of the 5 days they have off. Something like 300,000 cars leave Seoul and about 100,000 came back on Tuesday, with the rest returning on Wednesday...unreal.

So here are the last of my pics. This first one had me thinking. Is it Quincy: M.E.'s star Jack Klugman or the world-famous hedge fund manager George Soros? A striking resemblance.


Is it Jack Klugman or George Soros?

And from a reststop. Nothing like 5-10 bags of heated 오징어/oh-jing-eo (cuttle-fish) to give the bus a sea-side fresh scent.


Mmmmm...오징어.

Here's one that I took in Geoje-do actually...and I'm too lazy to open the page to edit that day. Better lock up your umbrella if you stay in these parts. But then, who would steal an umbrella?


Better lock up your brolly!

And you know my favorite topic. Here is the inside of the Core Hotel's men's room (ladies, shield your virtuous eyes). Notice the open (ground level) window at the end of the row...some Peeping Tammy would have a field day!


Core Hotel peek-a-boo bathroom.

That's it...tune in next time for the continuing saga of things Korean.