Sunday, January 23, 2005

Busy Day, Again

Last week I head there is a Lego display at Science World so we decided to go there on the first day. Man, the place was packed. The price (CAD 27.50 for both of us, our kids we free as they're under 4) seemed a little steep until we got in there. It was full of kids having fun...lots of hands-on things for them to do. Spencer and Winston had so much fun in the 'regular' part of it (and we probably didn't even see everything) that we didn't even see the Lego part. The downside was that on such a busy day it took 30 minutes of waiting to get our White Spot order from the food place in there. If we lived closer to (or in) downtown we'd probably spring for the (CAD 110.00) annual family pass and go there every few weeks (or until the kids got bored of it...which would be a long time, I think).

Took some pics there, and will add them in a bit...so stay tuned.

UPDATE: Here they are!


Kate and the boys lunching in my new 'office'...actually still waiting for furniture in it so I'm in the bullpen for now.


Spencer crams a parachute into an airgun...take a gander at that look of exersion!


Winston is having a ball (hahaha!).


A terrible pic of one of the massive fun-filled rooms.


Another toy...here kids move 'matchheads' from one side to the other in some sort of game of domination.

Also, last night Minaz (he visited me in Seoul in September/October last year, so take a look at those archives for more on his antics there) came by with his newly-found Korean (well, mostly Canadian, she has been here since age 19 and doesn't even like kimchi!) girlfriend. Before his sojourn to Seoul he was quite hesitant about Asian gals; always saying to me that he didn't really have much interest in them and wondering why I had the 'yellow fever' so bad. Well, after just a few weeks in Seoul I guess he's changed his tune.

Actually, I had never met a Korean until about a month before meeting my future wife. The gal was a girlfriend of my bud Carlo's bud who we met in the Philippines (we were there in 1998 for about a month). Well...you know the rest. Come to think about it...there was this one Korean guy I met while doing slave-labour at C.M. Oliver (a local brokerage that is now part of Canaccord). His name was Soon--it was kinda cool to say good-bye with a "See you soon, Soon". (Ya, pretty corny.)

Gotta go, kids are getting up.