Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Chantico!

Yesterday after work I decided to take a try of Starbucks' Chantico (named after an Aztec God). The stuff is called 'drinking chocolate', and that's exactly what you're doing. For $3.15 (CAD, including tax) you get a 6-oz little brown cup (with a brown lid) of (literally) hot chocolate. Mmmmm. Weird, but I felt better as soon as I had it (had been getting over a cold for the last while).

Of course, before telling my wife I had one I had to get her one too so I went out to the store with Spencer last night and got her one. She wasn't all that impressed. I even told her that a German life insurance company had recommended to its policyholders to have some chocolate everyday as research found that doing so lowered the probaility of heart problems. Well, she retorted that it only applies to bitter chocolate, not the crap Starbucks whips up. Hmmmm. Taking a look at the nutritional information I can see there are a TON of calories, including fat calories, in it. Well, I didn't think it would be a diet drink. Actually, it's not too far off the dangers of drinking a Caffe Mocha, so I don't feel all that bad about it.

Got to go...later.