Sunday, July 04, 2004

New Bar in Yeouido

One of my favorite places in 여의도 (Yeouido) is Wingswing located on the second floor of the building behind the Lexington (formerly the New Manhattan) Hotel. It's run by the son-in-law of a Korean who spent 20 years in New York and Atlanta running similar places...and now the old man is here to revamp it. They added 2 bar counters and hard liquor (and recipes) as well as more to the menus (spaghetti, quesadillas). Last time I was there I had Crown Royal (oh, how I love it) and the time before they served us this Flaming Dr. Pepper which is a shot of Bacardi 151 in a glass of beer. It's not as tasty as the version I know (Amaretto shot in a 50/50 beer/Coke mix) but not bad. Probably one of the few places in Seoul you can get some of the booze this place has--and the only one in Yeouido.



Flaming Dr. Pepper at Wingswing