Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Some pics from a while back

Well, finally got my act together and got some pics on the blog. I know you're been waiting eagerly for them. These first ones are from before the snow when we went down to feed the ducks (on a weekday, before I started work, obviously).


The sign we, and everyone else, ignored.


The ducks...


...and the fog. Ooooo...scary!

Kate, and most Korean gals (I think) find things like fog to be very scary. Maybe it's because all of the Korean horror movies use it just before the killer (or whatever) leaps out and wrecks havoc. On to nicer things...


The Village Toy Shop. One of Spencer's favorite places.


Spencer and Winston love the Thomas the Tank Engine scene they set up...Wow!

Here's some trivia for you: two of the narrators of Thomas the Tank Engine (it's a kid's show) have been none other than Beatles' drummer Ringo Starr and foul-mouthed comedian George Carlin! Now, I understand Ringo having a part in it, but Carlin? I've seen the guy in action on Leno and some of his stage comedy...he's not the guy you'd expect to be on a kids' show...who's next? Tommy Lee? Well, I guess if Madonna can write chilren's books...


Here's an interesting toy. "Mom, can I get a jet engine?" "As long as you don't stand behind the exhaust!"

And, a snow shot. Man, it looks like that hill is really big, but it's not. Well, it's enough for Spencer. Even took Winston down a few times too. And, shocking as it seems, Kate had a couple of runs too (she screamed in terror even louder than Spencer did, it hardly registered for Winston--he's a born stunt-pilot).


From way back...a shot of Spencer and I on the Crazy Carpet.


Kate (in her Dad's funky hat) and Winston enjoying the snow.

Well, that's it for this morning. I should also thank Blaine Cook for his site on WiFi Cafes in Vancouver. Now I have to get a wireless thingy for this laptop.