Tuesday, February 08, 2005

If You Pass the Test, You Can Beat the Rest.

That's a line from a Pet Shop Boys song: Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money) (lyrics here). It's fitting as I took one of my two licensing exams yesterday.

Funny thing. I was in the elevator heading up to the test and a security guard gal asked if I was going to the securities test. I was. She figured that I would do well. What? Well, you look like you'll do well; looks matter in that business. Ok, I was wearing a suit (came from work) but I commented that it's too bad you can't put a Polaroid on the test paper so the markers (in this case a computer) can get a good look at you. She said that one other guy in there looks like he'll pass, the rest have no chance. Interesting...I thought. It's interesting how people see someone and assume things (like that I know what I'm doing, which I think I did--at least on that test).

Nothing much else up...except that a friend of mine is heading to Korea to teach (after being in Saudi Arabia for the last few years). Can't wait to give him and his wife (and daughter) pointers on the place. Also another VTer is heading there on vacation and had the usual plethora of questions (can we use VISA there, what is a good hotel) so that is kinda fun too. If you are heading to Seoul (especially) or Korea (also) and have questions shoot me an email and I'll help out as much as I can.

Now...to work.