Friday, March 04, 2005

Note the Sarcasm

For those of you who don't know, I worked with "Lucky Randhawa" when I was at DS...I can only hope that his compliment on my cranial power was sincere (but I doubt it). LYS is also a bud...but I believe he does think I'm a show off (LYS is a very introverted sort who dresses quite conservatively....NOT).

Now that that is out of my system...Spencer is 4 years old now! We had his birthday yesterday (thanks Ma and Pa for the big box of toys and stuff) complete with the usual: a cake, Chinese food from Hon's Noodle House and Korean food from Cheon Ji (both places are owned and run by their respective races, a rarity in Vancouver--were half of the sushi places are run by Koreans). Jess got Spencer a toy (of course) doctor's kit; sounds like he'll be a hit with the girls soon. We got him a bunch of toys too. That should keep them (Winston gets in there a lot too) busy for about a day and a half.

Funny thing: a few days ago Spencer and I went out to the mall and (as usual) there were some Koreans walking near us. He was dawdling and had to catch up with me (sink or swim, I say). He yelled, "Appa!" (Korean for Daddy). The Koreans nearby were a little surprised...who is this white kid (Spencer hardly looks Asian) yelling Korean to his (obviously) white Dad? Haha.

Did some shopping a while back. Bought toothbrushes and razors. As you may know, these kinds of things are super cheap in Korea. Toothbrushes I get here for $2 or $3 are $1 for 4 (or 6!) in Korea. Razors here for $4 or $8 for 10 are just $1 (sometimes $2) for 10 over there. However, I found a deal on both here: brushes $1.50 each and razors 10 for $2...wahoo! Both have the same brand: "Good and Kind"; which is eerily reminiscent of the Korean discount brand "Good & Cheap" which, I guess, has a better ring over there than here.

What? You're still reading after that yawner of a paragraph? Unreal.

Off to work now.