Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My Brother; over 55,000 words; and Tom Green's Blog

I have a theory about Korean movies (and please correct me if I'm off on this one): someone always dies. The only corollary to that is someone may die before the 'start' of the movie, but it is always a big part of the plot. Love stories, police stories, war stories (duh!) and even just social/family stories always have a death in it--followed up normally by the female relatives flailing their arms on the coffin/ground/body yelling "어떻게/eo-ddeo-kay!? (How?!)" and "왜그래/wei-geu-rai!? (Why!?)" and the male relatives and friends clenching their fists and plotting revenge...which continues the cycle. 우리형/woo-ri hyung (My (Older) Brother) is no exception. I had to wait a while for it, but eventually this film proved my theory again.


Typical Korean movie: someone dies.

If you're looking for new Korean movies to see in theatres that have subtitles check out this site, it sometimes has some good ones.

On another topic, I see I am now over 55,000 words for this blog in the scant 4 months I've been at it. Is 150,000 words a year a lot of writing? Hmmmm...that's about 410 words a day. Yikes! That's a few more than I thought.

Finally, I saw Tom Green on The Tonight Show recently and finally took a look at his site and blog. He's originally Canadian, you know, eh? (Like many entertainers...looking to blog on that topic soon, too). It's kind funny, actually. Take a listen to the Audioblog...this guy's a bit of a hoot.

And what post would be complete without a bit of Konglish. I got this from a ream (500 sheets of paper) wrapper in our office. Never did read it that carefully before...never knew it has such hallucinogenic properties.


Perfect....for....high?

UPDATE: some funny pics from Joel's Blog here.