Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Off to Canada

Well, here is the news I promised yesterday. I'm off to Canada this Saturday for a much-needed and relatively long (3 week) rest. Of course it won't be all play...my kids will be there to take care of and my wife will have a (daily) list of things for me to do, buy and cook (yes, I cook).

Got a lot to do before I take off...but I'll keep the updates going (as always) while I'm in Canada.

I went to my gym (where I havn't been for the last week on account of this bum foot of mine) and explained to them that I'd be taking a few weeks out of Korea. They didn't seem to understand but I heard from their Korean that they wanted to 'di-lay' my membership while I was gone. Sure, ok. But they didn't think that I understood that so a girl rushed off to get the newly-acquired English-speaking golf pro (kind of an odd guy, but his English is very good) to tell me. Ok, got it (again). That's one thing about Koreans they (i) assume you know what they are talking about or (ii) want to make absolutely sure that you understand it 100%. I guess that's why I'm trying to learn the language...to help them out with that instead of being a gomer-gringo.