Saturday, March 05, 2005

Where are My Readers?

Ever take a look at the HitMaps map/link on the right-hand sidebar? As you might expect, many of my devoted (and long-suffering) readers are in Korea (Seoul, mostly) but it looks like many are also in the U.S. I know the guys in Hawaii, Saudi Arabia and South Africa that reads it but was surprised to see so many in Europe and South America. But I have to ask: who are the dudes/dudettes in Greenland, Churchill (Manitoba) and Abidjan (Ivory Coast)? Hmmmm.

I called Lucky Randhawa and he claimed ignorance to the comment reported yesterday so I called Carlo to see if it was him (not many people know the connection). It was. Carlo...he's a pretty quiet guy, very solid in terms of getting things done and being low-key...but he has his moments of mischeif as well. (Lucky is a reference to one of the actors of the ill-fated Pacific Palisades show on Fox. This is Lucky...only slight resemblance to my bud.)

On an unrelated subject (and contrary to/supporting my previous post) there are gays in Korea; at least according to this article. Oddly, that previous post is my most popular incoming link; it seems my caption of "gayday.jpg" makes it the #3 image under that search term on Google Images. (Just so you know, I found this out from my hit-counter, not my doing the search itself...jeeeeeeeeeeez.)

What?!?! The Simpsons is produced in Seoul (Songpa-gu, where I used to live before moving to Yeouido, to be exact)?? Read on. More on the production company on this (cached) site here (note the Konglish).

Haha. Take a look at this link. I got 7 out of 18...obviously I have no idea who is Chinese, Korean or Japanese.

A few videos I like: In case you've ever wondered what R&B would be like in Korean, here is a look. (All girls in Korea look like these dancers.) For an insight into Korean political life, take a look at this debating strategy. You think you have a parking problem?? It seems North Korea doesn't like the U.S./Bush all that much. And...this one looks aggressive, but really it's not. It's been on T.V.! Finally, this video shows why (I gather) my wife vetoed having our kids go to Korean schools.

Not much else to report...getting over a wicked cold which (you may have noticed) makes my head quite foggy from time to time. As long as I get over it this weekend...then I can really get to work next week. The kids and Kate, of course, have it as well (I think Spencer brought it home from school or the playroom in Ikea) so we've been bouncing it off one another the last few months. This would never happen if I was back in Yeouido, of course, because I was living alone and killing cold viruses with soju. Oh well, it's a small price to pay.