Thursday, April 07, 2005

Drugs in Vancouver, No wonder they call it Vansterdam.

The presentation went well. Almost all of the brokers there (and a few from corporate finance) were pretty enthused about the idea of them and their clients setting up trusts. (One even called one of his clients right after the meeting to set up a time for us to get together.) My lawyer bud liked it as well (now he can be a profit centre for his firm). Of course I was stoked as well because it will expose me to good prospects for my key products (insurance) and the amounts should be relatively large so we can make some coin at it. I split it with the brokers, but I don’t begrudge that at all--—all I want is to get in front of clients. We can do a lot on the personal as well as corporate sides to get money out of the company for them with little tax and quite a few other benefits as well. Everyone seems to like that idea.

This morning I took a peek at my Albourne Village account and noticed I have a ton more ‘apples’ in my little account there. You get apples on the site for adding news items or research pieces to the database, and you spend them to read some reports and a few other ways. I’ve uploaded quite a few things to it and managed to get a few thousand apples (which means people downloaded a thousand or so of the documents I uploaded). Yesterday I added the Goldman Sachs piece on oil super-spiking to $105. I noticed I got about 50 downloads immediately after the thing was posted. If you’d like a copy just join Albourne (free and link on this post) and look at recent additions to the Library or look at all additions and do a ‘find’ for Goldman Sachs.

But that's not why you called...this morning was weird. At a busstop near my train station near home I saw a couple of guys spark up a doobie...then when I got into Vancouver I smelled the pungent aroma of another guy toking in a bus shelter. Good God. Do they think this is Amsterdam?!?!

Got to get off the train now.