Thursday, October 21, 2004

Adding Audioblogger to Hometown: Yeouido and Breakfast in the Office

After hearing some pretty hilarious stuff on Tom Green's blog, I've decided to take the plunge and try out Audioblogger on the ol' blog. Of course, some of the audiopostings he made are kinda mundane, but even those are kinda funny.

Sometimes (maybe usually) Tom is a little loopy when he gets on the phone(like that relative of yours who calls you when their tanked, no matter the time or effect of timezones). Here's a typical audiopost with alcohol added (keep in mind that Tom extends the word blog so it sounds like blaawg, what a nut):

Tom: Hey, Jeff, talk to my blog.
Jeff: Hello? Hello? There's no one there!
Tom: No, it's the Internet, you're talking on my blog.
Jeff: Your what?
Tom: My blog; just use it like an answering machine. Talk.
Jeff: Whose answering machine?
Tom: Um, mine.
Jeff: Ok, um, hey Tom I guess you can't get to the phone because you're out drinking with me. Call me and we can hit the bar! How's that?
Tom: Oh, great, fantastic. You have a real good radio voice. Who's next?
-pause-
Brooke Shields: Hi! We're here at the bar in Vancouver and Tom is pouring drinks down my throat and Jeff is hitting on the ladies here. Have a good day everyone on the Internet!
-pause-
Tom: You, sir, would you say something for my blog?
-pause-
Biff: Ya! Tom Green rocks! Woo-hoo!
Tom: Ok, thank you. Thank you. Well, just wanted to check in with everyone. Now I have to go save some gals from Jeff's advances.
-click-
I'll probably bring it out at the VT thing on Saturday night. Damn! Wish I had thought of this for the The Koreans concert...I could have broken more copyright laws. Should be fun...who knows, maybe MTV will pick up my 'act' and I'll be a star! Ya, right.

Last night a bud of mine gave me some 호박떡/ho-bak-ddeok (pumpkin rice cake) so since I can't eat 2 trays of the stuff I took it to the office. It's Mr. Jo's birthday also (why do I call him Mister? I'm about 3 years older than him...) so I got him a 삼각김밥/sam-gak-kim-bab (triangle seaweed, rice and meat treat) from 7-11. Well, no sooner than when the others saw this that they started wailing "배고파요/bae-go-pa-yo (I'm hungry)!" 아이씨/aisshi! "잠깐만/jam-ggan-man (just a sec-informal)!" I went back down to the 7-11 to get 3 more for these famished souls. Of course the 7-11 gal who always sees me get 1 Jumbo 삼각김밥 and just saw me get 2 this morn had to start going on about 돼지/dwei-ji (pig) and rounding her hands across her gut as if I had a growing paunch. Oh ya, all these are for me...I can eat 5 Jumbos in one morning...haha, very funny. Well, I just did the ol' Korean trick: I threw it back at her, pointing at her gut and saying "나/na (you-informal), 당신dang-shin (you-formal)??" Ha ha, got you there.


Wow, Jo is a fast eater...couldn't even get a pic of the complete tray!

So tonight Yusheng comes and Jo has his birthday...by the time Yoosh gets here I should be in good spirits (or at least have some good spirits in me).

Here's an interesting story I got from a comment on Shawn's blog. Hmmm...

Finally, here's a story (actually a blog that is published in the Globe & Mail (Canadian newspaper) about how Google saved someone's life (?!?!?).