Thursday, October 21, 2004

Get ready for Hallowe'en and Big Buildings in Seoul

Saw this posting on a couple of sites:
ALL-NIGHT HALLOWE'EN BOOZE/DANCE PARTY IN YEOIDO! (Canucklehead style!)
Date: Saturday, October 30th
Time: (9:00 pm until 5:00 am)
Location: KAPA Brewpub (Basement), Youido; Take Line 5 to Youido Subway Station...Go out Exit #5, turn right immediately go through the entrance in the building right there (with Dunkin Donuts...),. and to the big parking lot in the back; Turn right, go down the stairs...Voila! There will be signs showing directions for the directionally-challenged, but the distance from the subway exit to the stairs from the parking lot is about 30 metres at most.
Cost: 40,000 won per person
Includes: All you can drink Beer (Microbrew and local draft) and Wine.
Schedule: Midnight-1:00AM Buffet meal; 4AM Survivors' Breakfast (Bacon/Ham and Eggs; Toast and coffee);
Prizes for: Best Costume (Male and Female); Best Carved Pumpkin; plus a Substantial Door Prize.
Music: Provided by FROZEN NORTH: All kinds of GOOD dancy stuff; all genres
For info and to order tickets, please go to: psypumpkin@yahoo.com

Thanks, Frozen North Productions
Hmmm....let's see, it's walking distance from my place, will feature Canadian stuff (whatever that is) and all-you-can-drink-and-eat....sounds good to me. As for a costume...I'll probably go as a salaryman or Wall Street trader (what a lazy-ass I am).

If anyone else is in, please leave a comment or email me from my profile (on the right, near the hideous pic).

Speaking of Yeouido, I used to think that the 63 Building was the tallest in Korea, but it looks as if some are already taller and more, even higher, structures are proposed. Take a look at all of them here and some cool pics of buildings and stuff are here. Then there's this video I found in the forum area...it's supposed to be set in North Korea but it's in Chinese and subtitled in German. Kinda funny, but the stream was a little choppy for me.

And I pilfered this story from Grant's blog. It's really quite odd that Koreans believe in 'fan death'. I go to sleep with mine on all the time in the summer, my air conditioner too (it's a good filter of all the brutal pollutants we have here in Seoul) and I haven't died yet.