Friday, March 11, 2005

Out of Action for a While

Wow...take a couple of days off and people take notice. Kinda feels nice. Got a few emails saying "Where is your blog?" over the last couple of days.

Here's the story. It's been busy at work (which is good) and my wife and kids got sick (which was bad) for the last couple of days. I think it was food poisoning as it set in very quickly and before the puking (sorry, little graphic there...not near as graphic as living through it, though) everyone seemed alright. Well, the night before last I got up a few times to clean things up and ended up sleeping in the living room (finally making use of the super-fantastic electric blanket we got from our wedding trove from the in-laws).

Work it cool...starting to really get in the groove. There are many things to keep in mind and there is a certain mindset you need to have to do things right. Luckily, unlike my positon in Korea, I know the language, the culture and the laws and products here. Man, never thought of how much a shock it was to go there until I came home. Having done it, though, I think it was very eye-opening. From my first trip to Asia in 1990 to this last stint I keep coming home with an appreciation to the system here (flawed though it is) and for more education (in Asia if you don't have a good degree you might as well resign yourself to street-sweeping in some cases).

Uh oh, got to get going. Will do more on Monday...maybe on the weekend too.