Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Textmessaging and Cameraphones

Boo hoo. I miss my Samsung Super-Phone. That sucker was great. Not fantastic pictures, but I could (of course) take them anywhere and email them as well.


Hmmm....is this James in Korea? No, I only did 2,000 texts a month.

Ya, I did a ton of textmessaging (they also call it SMS--Short Message Service--in Korea. Even did it in Hanguel (it's actually quite easy and convenient). Now that every Korean and his dog (almost literally) has a phone, they have to come up with new things all the time: cameraphones, camera-camcorders, flip-faces, registered mail for your SMSs and services to allow you to find a bus or taxi, figure out its estimated arrival time (for buses at least, taxis are all over the place as it is) and even pay for them (and your purchases at the local convenience store) with your phone.

That's it for now...maybe add more later.