Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Time for a New Pope!

I'm constantly amazed at the power of religion. All around the world people were watching for the election of this next pontif (while in some sects they're strapping C4 to their bodies and taking runs at checkpoints). When it finally happened, tens of millions watched his first address and many more will probably watch his first mass. This new guy, Pope Benedict XVI, is a German--so, of course, they have already uncovered Nazi ties to him...typical. I thought it was strange that his name is Jospeh, but now he's Pope Benedict. The story there is new popes choose a Saint to model their papalcy after. So when it comes to decisions, this pope will likely be methodical and comprehensive in his research on the subject before coming up with a decision for the church--many call this being more conservative, I call it thoughtful--basically, he'll ask: WWSBD (What Would Saint Benedict Do)? Interesting.

I know this more because it's current and I can ask my in-house guru, Peter, about it. Peter, I think, is a bloody genius. The guy has facts on almost everything in his head--not just simple facts, but processes and such. If ever I have a question (it happens) I just ask him and he always has the answer.

Things are pretty busy here...got to go.