Monday, October 25, 2004

The End of an Era

What can I say? Shawn's blog has packed its bags and left cyberspace. Well, actually, thankfully, only Shawn has stepped away from it...the blog will stay online for generations to enjoy. I was comment FORTY-THREE on his last posting...which goes to show you how many people read (I mean really read) his daily comments on life in Korea.

Shawn,

Your blog was what got me to start mine. I read a few beforehand, but so many of them were either: (i) depressing, (ii) too damn political (Korean and/or American/Western). Yours was/is (*sob*) funny, true and incredibly self-deprecating (a pic of you with no shirt on? that takes guts, man!) and it's THAT side of Korea and myself that I try to portray in my blog (um, ya, as if...).

Anyways, if you're going to do a Jerry Seinfeld and 'go out on top' I guess this is the time to do it...just don't do a Michael Richards and not have an encore. Be like Jerry: sell the syndication rights, marry and get a home in the Hamptons and 15 Porches!

JB
Maybe that's it for today for me. 'Til tomorrow...