Saturday, March 19, 2005

Not a good day.

What a day (and night). Yesterday, as you know, I was a little slow on the draw because of the night out (which, I might add, was nothing compared to what we did in Korea; but nonetheless…). In the early afternoon I finally had lunch: a sub from Quizno’s. Then it was off to the dentist. My tooth-doctor is in another part of the city, but not too tough to get to.

Anyhoo, I don’t have any cavities (yay!) but I felt kinda weird after the visit. I got on Skytrain and then transferred to a bus and started on the last leg of my trip home. On the way I called my wife to pick me up at the busstop; but I was still feeling pretty queasy. My hands were clammy, my skin was going paler and I was feeling worse and worse. Finally, I couldn’t take it any longer. I talked to the bus driver.

“I’ve got to get off the bus real soon.”

(Throwing up his arms.) “Well, we just got on this stretch. There’s no stop for a while.”

“Listen, I’m going to be sick real soon.”

“What?”

“I’m going to throw up.”

“Ok, let me find a spot. But there is no way a bus will stop here to pick you up.”

“That’s the least of my worries now.”

Well, I made it off the thing and called my wife to pick me up and then…lost it. Picture this. On a stretch of more-or-less deserted highway this guy in a navy suit and tie is pitching his cookies. Nice.

As I waited for Kate to pick me up one of the cars going by honked. Then my sister-in-law called me asking what the heck I was doing on the side of the road and if I needed a ride. Nutty, it was her passing me who had honked. I got home alright, had a bath and went to bed. Twelve hours later here I am waking up and trying to make sense of the strange dreams I had.

UPDATE: (Saturday, 2PM) Just woke up from a 4 hour nap. Man, what a day.